I am at present busy with a project to catch up on the books that I have read since January 2009 when I started with my 36 books a year challenge. This blog documents what I have in a hand written book journal in order to give other book fans the chance to share in my challenge and to have access to reviews of books they might be interested in. Please leave a comment or link to your book blog if you have one.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

March 2009 -Book no 9

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
There has been so much written about these books that I am not going to add much to the debate. Suffice with that I found the book completely "unputdownable " and can see why it is a bestseller of note. The whole concept of an almost completely parallel world running along side and interweaving with ours was fascinating.  At the time when I read the book I was not sure if I actually was going to read the rest of the series, but subsequently have and enjoyed all.

I did find Bella extremely irritating though. Her neadyness and passive character type really frustrated me and I was sure that in real life Bella and me would never have been friends. Way too dark and broody. Although a good book on it's own, it is really just the introduction to the rest of the series.

Cat's rating: 9/10 for a good read.

2 comments:

  1. My teen has read all the books, and is a huge fan. Movie 1 was enough for me!
    Maybe it is because I don't get time to read books...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Bella needs to be smacked. :P And can you say "Stalker?!" That Edward...sheesh. Team Jacob all the way *grin*

    ReplyDelete