I am at present busy with a project to catch up on the books that I have read since January 2009 when I started with my 36 books a year challenge. This blog documents what I have in a hand written book journal in order to give other book fans the chance to share in my challenge and to have access to reviews of books they might be interested in. Please leave a comment or link to your book blog if you have one.

Monday, August 9, 2010

April 2009 - Book no 12

The shadow of the wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
I have a very flexible list of top 10 favorite books of all time. And I have a top 100 list of books, which tend to stay more stable. This one made it to that top 100 list with the greatest of ease.

Set in charming time in the most intriguing city, it is the story of a young man that "discovers" a long lost book in the most amazing library. It quickly develops in the most amazing story that functions on many levels, connecting over characters and periods of time.

Really excellently written this very touching and intricate story will amaze and keep you intrigued. A warning though - it is a very long and not always easy read.

Cat's rating: a solid 9,5/10

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book!Have you read The Angel's Game by the same author?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bo, not yet - but planning to. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete