I am at present busy with a project to catch up on the books that I have read since January 2009 when I started with my 36 books a year challenge. This blog documents what I have in a hand written book journal in order to give other book fans the chance to share in my challenge and to have access to reviews of books they might be interested in. Please leave a comment or link to your book blog if you have one.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

July 2009 - Book 21

 
Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella
This is not my usual reading matter, but it is one of the benefits in being in a bookclub - you get the chance to read  books you would not generally buy, and enjoy them. I can certainly see why the book was a bestseller and will read the other books in the series (but will not buy them). 

I found Becky very entertaining as a character, although she is sometimes rather shallow - but her heart is in the right place. We all know that becoming a mom is not the easiest transition ever, and Becky, well, takes the tumble and the stride with ease.

An entertaining but very light read - at a 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment