I am at present busy with a project to catch up on the books that I have read since January 2009 when I started with my 36 books a year challenge. This blog documents what I have in a hand written book journal in order to give other book fans the chance to share in my challenge and to have access to reviews of books they might be interested in. Please leave a comment or link to your book blog if you have one.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

July 2011 - Book 18

The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble

At the beginning of a new year, a group of five woman meet to form a reading group. Through the course of the year and the books that they read, we get involved in their lives. It turns out to be a most eventful year all round and the choice of books strangely reflects the twists and turns the lives of the characters takes.

The story is told in wonderful, easy to read language without being too simple. I loved the wonderful woman created for this story- each one unique and charming in their own way. Each developing and growing through the year in their own way. Wishing that I could be friends with every single one of them.

A truly charming and gripping read this is a great bookclub choice as most woman will find a like minded  friend in at least one of the characters. I also loved how the writer suggests books at the end of the book for reading groups and I intend to read some of these suggestions as well as the books read in the book during the course of the next year.

A totally charming 8 and a half/10





1 comment:

  1. I keep seeing this one around, thanks for the review,I'm going to give it a go:-)

    ReplyDelete