I am at present busy with a project to catch up on the books that I have read since January 2009 when I started with my 36 books a year challenge. This blog documents what I have in a hand written book journal in order to give other book fans the chance to share in my challenge and to have access to reviews of books they might be interested in. Please leave a comment or link to your book blog if you have one.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

February 2009: Book no 6

Well, I have done it! One month ahead of schedule I have reached my targeted 36 books for the year. I still have a lot of book reviews to catch up on here, but goal achieved!

Book no 6: Amsterdam by Ian McEwan

I discovered Mc Ewan last year when I read the bestseller "Atonement". I really enjoyed the book and I have subsequently read quite a few of his books. I share his fascination of mentally disturbed individuals or normal people being challenged on an emotional level to beyond general reasoning.

Amsterdam is an extremely clever story with a great unexpected turn to it. It is well written as one would expect of McEwan.

Cat's opinion: 8/10 and well worth the read.

1 comment:

  1. I read a few of his books a while ago, but nothing in years. I really enjoyed them and I should maybe give this one ago.

    ReplyDelete